Thursday, June 21, 2012

7:59

Making rank in the military is a big deal.  When you make rank, you not only get more pay, but you have more seniority.  In order to make rank, you have to get good reviews, have medals, get points from other things, and do well on  a test.  After taking the test, it's usually about four months before you find out if you passed or not.

The list saying who made Technical Sergeant this year was due to come out today at 8:00 central time. 

Last night Roby was waiting anxiously for his supervisor to call him as they sometimes find out the day before.  He didn't get a call.

At 7:59 this morning he called me to say he didn't make it.  My heart sank. 

I should have known better. 

After letting me say, "Sorry hun..."  Roby said, "Just joking, I made it!"

Although he won't admit it, I know he'd been worrying about it.  I'm SO SO SO proud of him and happy he made it this year!!! 

4 comments:

Mom said...

We are SOOOOO PROUD of him! Give him a big hug from us! I shared with GiGi, Uncle David & Melissa last night (they're visiting GiGi). Melissa's ex is retired AF, so she knows the importance of this rank and how hard it is to achieve. That helped GiGi understand it better. We toasted his achievement. :) Better get your sewing machine out...

Tammie said...

Congratulations! It IS a big deal and a great achievement.

REENblack said...

Thank you both so much!!! It is one of the hardest ranks to get, so we are thrilled he got it!!!

88ender88 said...

seriously!
you guys are fricken awesome.