Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Last

Today is the last day my kids will be in fourth and seventh grades!  I can hardly believe the school year is over already!  After the kids had their breakfast, Nat asked, "So do you want to take pictures now, or when we're all ready for school?"  Yes daughter, you know me well!

Ethan has seemed much more excited about the last day of school this year than he has in years past. I'm not sure why, but he's been giddy and obnoxious for over a week!  He got his year book yesterday (the first one with a hard cover!), and is having fun getting signatures.  All he took to school yesterday and today was the yearbook and a marker.  I remember how great those days were!!!  I hope he has a blast today!  Natalie on the other hand is bummed because she won't get to see her friends as often.  Sounds like her auntie Catie to me!


They have such a hard time being serious.  I wonder where they get it...


The kids have BOTH been having a blast reminding us that in just ONE year Ethan will be getting ready for HIGH SCHOOL.  Why they think this is funny is beyond me.  Just because we act like the world is ending and tell them it makes us nauseous just thinking about it.  I guess they find it entertaining.



Our handsome teenager.








Our beautiful daughter.





Because something happened to my camera on their first day of school, and I didn't get the traditional pics with mom, here they are on the LAST day of school!  Always a good time!





He got zero of his silliness from his mom...



She got all her looks from her dad too...


haha  I crack myself up.



 





We took about five pics like this trying to get a decent one.  This was the best of them.  In each and every one, at least one person is either blinking or making a ridiculous face.  Maybe I should have posted on of those anyway!










On the way to their last day of school!!!  (I said, "Say CHEESE!" ... Ethan said cheese with a worried expression...)


 I took today off work so I could take them and pick them up.  Its still weird working all the time (although its almost been a year already since I've been working there!), and even more weird to not be able to go to most of their school events.  I thought this was one thing I could still try to do with them. 

Life around here has been pretty hectic and busy lately.  I guess that's not much different than normal.  School, work, kids' activities, school, etc, etc.  I hardly have time (or desire honestly) to check my email, take pictures, or read books.  Hopefully, someday, things will slow down enough to catch up on those things I enjoy doing!

Yesterday was Roby's TENTH anniversary of being in the Air Force!  I can't believe its already been ten years!  He is amazing and I couldn't thank him enough for sticking it out to support our family and allow me to go to college.  He is also only a few weeks away from completing his CCAF degree!  (I don't know what it s stands for although I'm sure he's told me several times.)  His hockey team was in third place going into the playoffs.  They are currently in first (on Sunday they beat the first place team!), with their next game being on Sunday.  I think it's the final game, but he says there might be one after that.  Either way, they should get first or second place!  He'll be playing the summer league this year which will be fun!  They kids have really gotten in to the games over the last few weeks!

Ethan is still loving bass guitar lessons.  He's learning all kinds of new things and had fun showing off when he had some friends stay the night the other week.  He's now saying that he'd like to learn the drums as well... we'll see about that one.  He's been riding his bike constantly.  This makes me extremely happy after the whole drama with FedEx loosing it, having to wait for them to "look" for it, and ordering a new one.  I went to the park with him the other day and took some pics/video of him going through a wooded area and of a ramp of sorts.  He rides much faster than I ever would!  Don't tell anyone, but he finally asked a girl out.  He's had a crush on her for over a year.  She is adorable, and has never had a boyfriend.  She turned him down, just like MANY other boys that have asked her.  BUT she texts him often, so I'm glad she didn't break his heart.  

Natalie's big dance performance is just a few weeks away.  Her and her dance partner are doing brilliantly.  The other two in their class...that's a different story.  Nat gets frustrated with them because they don't listen.  It's hilarious!  Her teacher is having her go into the next higher class for the summer session, so I'm assuming it will be the same for next year as well.  I'm hoping to get her into at least one other class as well, I'm thinking Jr. Contemporary.  Again, we'll see! Her arm is almost 100%.  At her last occupational therapy appointment a couple weeks ago her therapist gave us some exercises to do at home and said, "See you in a month!"  She's still working on strength a little, straightening, and rotating out.  But its all getting better daily! 

I guess that's a quick catch up on our lives.  Nothing too exciting, but that's good sometimes!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Nice to catch up with your family. Growing so fast and looks like you are all having fun. Time just flies for sure.