Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tie-Dye

 I'm not sure what brought it up, I'm pretty sure it was Natalie, but the kids and I decided to make some tie-dye shirts.  We did this on on of their last summer evenings before school started back up.  We got a kit, some shirts, and watched a few videos online for ideas. 

Ethan wanted to do swirls, Natalie just wanted to make pretty patterns, and I made some smile face shirts (that look like fish when you make them!).


After dying all our shirts, we put them in plastic bags overnight to let the color soak in.  I got up early the next morning before work to rinse them out and put them in the wash...it was a bigger task than I thought it would be to rinse them all out!


 I think they had a pretty good time being creative!  Ethan wears his on weekends or for pj's, Natalie wears hers all the time!  Nat has asked a couple times if we could do it again...maybe next summer!


2 comments:

88ender88 said...

next time you tie dye send me one!! lol fun project nice!

88ender88 said...

but where are the finished product shots?