Saturday, February 28, 2009

News

I am finally starting to feel better...but only after missing a week of school. I can't stand missing a day of school, so that was really hard for me. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a big fat ZERO on an assignment which sucks too. Oh well, there isn't much I can do about it.

Natalie has the cough Roby and I have, so I took her in on Thursday to try and catch the flu before it got bad. She got a nose swab and they tortured her by putting some saline up her nose then sucking it back out for a culture. Fabulous.

According to our not-so-bright doctor that Roby saw yesterday morning to get on "quarters" (pretty much doctor permission to miss work)...Roby's culture was negative for the flu (the kids see a different doc than we do). Ummmm...Roby didn't get a culture at that clinic, and the swab he had done, he got the positive results while he was there. Roby was too tired to argue with the doc, and the guy put him on quarters anyway. I'm going to take a wild guess that Natalie doesn't have the flu, which is good.

Ethan has been beyond awesome this week. He has helped out whenever we have asked him to. Helping with the dogs, helping Natalie with little things as well as her spelling words, getting his homework done without pushing, etc etc.


* * * * * * * * * *

In other news. Several days ago, which day I honestly can't remember now. I got a letter in the mail. I was waiting for a phone call...and was thinking that it wasn't coming. But one afternoon when Ethan brought in the mail I got a letter from Iowa Western saying that I have been chosen for an interview for the Dental Hygiene program! I wanted to jump up and down, call anyone and everyone that I've been bugging and whining to about this for so long. But I couldn't talk above a whisper, so I whispered to Ethan, "Ethan, I have an interview!!! I'm so happy!" With which he responded, "Good job mom!"

I still don't know how many people they are interviewing. Could be 35 people like last year. And with only 18 slots, that gives me about a 51% chance of getting in...but I'm a step closer. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up...really hard. I love all of you who have said, "You'll get it, I know you will!" ... but we don't know that, there are always people that are much more qualified than me, so a "thinking of you" would make me feel better than trying to work me up to thinking I'll get in.

I interview on my birthday, and between now and then I'll be researching the job a little more as well as thinking about good answers to possible questions they could as me. I have no idea what they could ask me, especially considering the interviews are only 15 minutes long! UGH!

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

I had something non brilliant to say but my mind just went blank (damn iCarly). I will totally keep my fingers crossed the interview goes well. Too cute with the "good job mom". Hope you are all on the mend...I am in a horrible sick downward spiral that must get better before we move next week.

April said...

Congratulations on getting an interview!! I just got a similar letter from the dental hygiene school in Kingwood, TX. So now I'm searching blogs for other people who are preparing for the same thing, LOL.

How old are your kiddos? I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and am a bit nervous about leaving them next year to go back to school full time, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. It's nice to know there are people out there in my same situation.

Good luck on your interview!!

April