Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas Eve -- Part One

Cookies

We had to make lots of cookies so we could leave a couple for Santa. I have made homemade cookies plenty of times, but the store bought dough is always so much better!!! We "made" some chocolate chip and sugar cookies. After having dinner with our neighbor, it was finally time to decorate!!! (Believe it or not, I didn't remember to take pics until they had already decorated a few!)

Deciding which kind of sprinkles to use.

Oops, pouring the sugar ones into your hand makes a big mess!!!

Waiting patiently for the sprinkles.

Mixing the sprinkles with his knife.



Our Neighbor being a nut, and Ethan laughing at her after he made bunny ears.

Nat wasn't exactly thrilled to get frosting on her face...
...Neighbor had a solution!!! This did make Nat laugh, and she didn't actually lick her face!!!

The final touches.

Wah haha Caught her tasking the goods!!!

Looks good enough to eat, doesn't it?!

Ethan took a little more time to plan out his cookie designs.

That and he had to make faces every now and then.

Just One Present

One of our Christmas traditions is to open just one present on Christmas Eve. Ethan has already figured out that it ends up being pajamas every year!!! The last couple years it was just the kids getting pj's, but this year Roby and I got some too!!! (Thanks S!!! You know who you are!!!)

Roby was determined to get into his first!!! hee hee

Now the kids' turn!

They both love their new pj's (Ethan is wearing his now)...but for some reason, I think Nat was a little more excited!!!

Countdown Complete

Adding the last ornaments to the tree (we forgot to do it the night before, so they each had one).


(I had been working a lot on trying to get my cheap flash to work correctly. I guess you get what you pay for. Sorry about all the odd colored pics and weird shadows. Just be warned, lots more shadows until I get my xmas/birthday present!!!)

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

The frosting is "interesting" but fun still the same. I am happy y'all enjoyed the pjs. Love and miss you.

Tasmomma said...

The cookie event looks like it was sooo much fun! I wanted to do the cookie exchange tradition we started before going to Germany, but this year we just had too much going on and not enough energy. It's cool you have a really fun neighbor! I like mine so far, just wish I could meet more people in the neighborhood...it's like a ghosttown around here most of the time.