Monday, June 04, 2012

End of School Year Activies and Such

I start my summer semester today, so yesterday I figured I would get a few posts together to catch up a bit on the last few months.  I haven't taken a ton of pictures, but wanted to share what I have. 







A couple weeks before school ended, Natalie's school had a carnival.  Roby took Ethan to his bass lessons, so I took Nat to the carnival and helped out at a booth for a bit.  This picture is not long after we got there.  Natalie seemed surprised and annoyed that I would be taking a picture of her.  Apparently she had forgotten the previous ten years of her life and my avid picture taking!





One of the biggest hits of the carnival every year is the jail.  I still don't understand this, but kids of all ages think its absolutely fantastic!  They put themselves in or get a "warrant" for someone elses arrest.






When the carnival was almost over, the lady in charge of the before and after school program was doing face-painting.  Natalie adores her and asked if she would paint her face for the few tickets she had left.  She did with a smile!



A few weeks after the carnival, I was checking out the school website for something and saw this on their slideshow!


 Just Ethan being silly with the dogs.  They love to cuddle with the kids!



 I was able to go with Ethan on his zoo field trip because it happened to be on a day I don't work.  The fact that he asked me still surprises me, but I will take it as long as I get it!  We had a small group and hung out with another group of boys.  It was more fun than I thought.  I knew the other mom from when Ethan went to a different school (when we lived in base housing).  They had a required activity that took hardly any time/effort, so we were able to explore the whole zoo.





 The boys.

























 The week before school got out, Natalie's school had spirit week.  She was very excited to dress up for the last spirit day!  We went all out painting her face and arms!  She even had school colored flowers in her hair!


















  Towards the end of the winter hockey season, the kids started to come to the games with me.  Once Natalie started to learn what was going on, she started enjoying herself a lot more!  They bicker a lot, so when I catch rare moments like this, I just smile!



No comments: