Sunday, March 25, 2012

Double Digits

Its official, our kids are old.  
 
Our BABY is now TEN years old today!  
 
She is an amazing kid, who surprises me and makes me smile several times a day.  Her pure joy and enthusiasm about life makes me so proud to be her mom.  I couldn't imagine our lives without her.

Yesterday started her TENTH birthday party.  Roby took the kids to see a movie Ethan has been dying to watch.  This gave me the time to finish cleaning the house, decorate, and pick up the final details for Natalie's party (balloons, cake, ice cream, etc.).


Natalie and I threw around many ideas for her party before she decided on going to Build-A-Bear Workshop.  Several of her friends had never been there, so that made it even more fun!  I wasn't sure if they were too old for BABW, but they all seemed to have a great time!


Getting the breakdown of what they will be doing.

Making sure they were all happy with the animals they chose.


After they got them stuffed, the party coordinator had each of the girls grab two hearts.  They each made a wish on one for themselves, then one for Natalie.  They then put their heart with the wish for Natalie in her bear.  She thought this was absolutely amazing!  (I thought I took video of this, but it didn't work.  I'm bummed.)  

BABW works with St. Jude Children's Hospital (which we donate a small amount to every month).  When you have a party there, you have the option to donate $10.  This donation lets a kiddo at St. Jude to go to BABW and make their own bear!  The girls each got to write their name on a sticker that they display in the store.  Natalie was also given a St. Jude shirt for her animal.  Not a bad partnership!


The girls putting their stickers on the board.








Then it was time to find clothes for their animals!




The party coordinator was amazing at having them tally up their totals to make sure they stayed on budget.  The girls had a great time naming and dressing their animals.  I wish I remember what Natalie was asking in the picture on the left, but I can't.  She looks so serious!


They all got to dress their animals and choose bows for their ears.  When they were done, it was time for a group photo.  They took one and printed it for us to take home. (Its very similar to this one, but this was easier than scanning it!)  I made a bear for Natalie too.  I got it a Happy Birthday shirt, so all the girls could sign it, and a recordable "sound" where they all said "Happy Birthday."  Not only that, but they sell a "Get Well" kit that has an arm sling...perfect for my broken armed TEN year old! I gave it to her right before the picture, she thought it was hilarious!
















Getting their animals "birth certificates" and boxes before heading out.





I LOVE this picture!  
They were all smiles and giggles as we left the mall.




Time for pizza!  Ethan helped me out by getting some Sprite for the girls.  As he was doing that, one of the girls said she thought he was cute.  This became a massive giggling event with Natalie saying, "Ewwwww!" over and over! 

 Then some general party stuff.













 Including Maggie relaxing in the sun...ahhhhhhh


Girls!
 

Presents!






 She only opened a few from us, she'll open the big one later today.




 After presents, they decided to play hide-and-seek for a while.  I just thought Nat looked cute in her dress, counting on the stairs while the others kid.


Time for cake!
Again, I thought I took video...I did not.  Apparently I need to learn how to work my own camera.



As I was taking pics of the girls, I told them to say "CHEESE!"  At that moment, Roby decided to get in on the picture action!  The next few pictures crack me up!  I love the girls faces (and Roby's smile!)




 Time to make some little "click" necklaces (that I got on massive clearance, so couldn't pass up!).

Four of the six girls were able to stay the night.  Around 8:30 they got all their stuff ready for bed and started watching a movie.  After the movie was over, they tried to choose another movie.  Five 9 and TEN year old girls trying to agree on anything is quite a big task!  It didn't take long for Natalie to get really upset (she wants everyone to be happy and, like me, doesn't like conflict).  She ran to her room and was bawling that "this was supposed to be the best birthday ever because its my TENTH!" and "I just don't want them to be mad at me!"  Poor thing.  I told her that I would take charge, decide on a movie, and tell the others there were no options.  No one argues when mom says that!  

Happy TENTH birthday my amazing, kind hearted, inquisitive, intelligent, silly, and beautiful daughter!  I love you!

No comments: