Sunday, February 19, 2012

13...THIRTEEN...13!!

 I can hardly believe our "little" boy is is THIRTEEN today!  This is something I never fathomed when I was pregnant.  Yes, I knew he wouldn't always be a baby...but thirteen?  That is something hard to comprehend.  I couldn't be more amazed and proud of him.  He is growing into a wonderful young man.  He has his moments, as we all do, but I couldn't have asked for a more perfect son.


  If you don't know already, I like to go all out for my kids.  Every year on their birthday I'll blow up lots of balloons and put them in their room, so when they wake up they are "surprised" with balloons everywhere.  Well, this year, Ethan's birthday is on a Sunday and with friends staying the night, that wouldn't be possible.  Instead, I had Roby take Ethan with him to do some errands so I could decorate and bring home the helium balloons.  He was surprised!  (And I don't care if he feels too old for decorations, its going down!)




Ethan invited three friends to come to his party.  He wanted to play lazer tag, so we found a place that offered a package with unlimited lazer tag and a few other games.










They had Ethan wear a name tag so they knew who's bday it was (which cracked me up!).  They the gal took a pic of him and the group to put on the wall of bday parties.








 First game: Every man for themselves!






 Of course we had to play arcade games!















 They entertained themselves most of the evening!





 The next few rounds were boys against girls (with some other girls that were there).
 I was allowed to go into the lazer tag area and take pics...I KNOW the kids loved this!  Natalie and Ethan's faces say it all!



Left: blinding Ethan before he went in. 






We gave everyone quarters to play arcade games and whatnot.  The boys spent most of theirs on pool.  It was hilarious watching them (attempt) to play!


Roby left for a bit to play in his hockey game.  When he came back he returned to the fun, playing  one of the trampoline games with one of Ethan's friends and  pool with Ethan.




 The girls got all the tickets from the arcade games and got some goodies.  Natalie is obviously a baton master!


Roby and Ethan were cracking me up with their pool skills and how they teased each other!





 
  Ethan tried to make Roby miss one of his last shots.




Natalie had no idea he was making a face behind her.  Her friend was busting up!  When I showed her the pic she gave Roby "the look" then started laughing.


 Gumballs for the road home.


 We were at the lazer tag place for about 4 1/2 hours before heading home.  I think they had a pretty good time!  They didn't play lazer tag as much as I thought they would, but they played the other games more than I thought!  

Ethan told me almost two months ago that he didn't want a cake for his birthday.  At first he wanted Root Beer floats, but changed his mind to banana splits with...

...all the toppings.
 







Although we asked people to not bring gifts, they all brought them anyway. I guess I wouldn't send Ethan to a party without one either!




Thank you HI-5's!!!



And thank you HUGS!!!
Nat and her friend decided to stay away from the boys and do make-up and hang out in her room.  Good choice I think!









When I walked into the family room, this is what I saw.  Boys and their electronics!










I told them they looked like they were cuddling, so they decided to cuddle a little more for a picture.



It's official...despite our protests and requests, our kids are getting older.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Awww, it's hard to believe he's 13!!! Thanks for sharing pics! Looks like they had a blast! Hugs!