Thursday, January 19, 2012

Football

Ethan played football for his middle school this year.  I'm still not exactly sure why he all of a sudden wanted to play after not playing sports for so long.  But if he wanted to play, I was all for it.  He had several days of try-outs to see what team he would be one, then practice every day after school for a couple weeks before their first game.  He was number 19 and he was an alternate defensive safety (yes, I had to ask Roby).


After Ethan got all his gear, he had to try it all on for me.



 All of his games were not long after school got out, which is still kinda weird.  I was able to go to all but one game and Roby was able to go to all of his games (one game we got there half way through, and he had played the first half...I was totally bummed).  Natalie and I often got there early so we could find a place to sit and not have to park too far away.

Doing warm ups.


 I love this pic.  Ethan had a huge smile after one of his games that he did really well in.


 

 Although it was hard, Natalie did a good job waiting around for his games to finish...not her favorite thing to do.






This isn't the best example, but Ethan was much much shorter than most of his teammates.  I had a few pictures where his head barley came up to their shoulders.


 If you can find him, he was running toward the guy with the ball.










I love the pic on the left too!  He snuck a little wave to mom in!


 Here is a better example of Ethan's height...find #19!

He seemed to have fun, but didn't like how he would get punished (by having to run/whatever) when other kids wouldn't do what they were supposed to.  We tried to explain that that's how team sports work, but he wasn't a fan.  He also wasn't a fan of getting home after six pm every night.  I have encouraged him to participate in other after school activities, but I don't know if that will happen any time soon.  I do know that there is a type of jazz band or jazz choir that he could play bass guitar in.  I'm not sure if its something he'll do, but something to think about.

1 comment:

88ender88 said...

ohman i remember the football days, wonderful you're helping the kids stay well rounded you're a great mom liss!